Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learner Care and Support
Question 
Hi there

There is an option under Learner and Parent Information i.e. Learner Care and Support which is low lighted with permission level 7.

When you log on as the Administrator (L8) you are able to access this option.

Can permissions higher then level 7 be assigned to a deputy or principal to allow them access to this menu or how should one configure the user account to gain access to this option.

What they are trying to achieve is to print consent letters without giving the administrator password to users.

Your help will be highly appreciated in this matter thanks.
Hi there, wesleyvwyk.

This case is not really a permission level higher than 7, per sé, as you described it.  It's just one of those permission levels that are left out until you assign it.  You can assign it to the user accounts (or rather, User Profiles), as pointed out in your second option of choice.

Using 16.11 Maintain User Profiles, assign the required options under 3.6 to your Principal and Deputy Principal.  If you want to allow Teachers to print their own consent forms, you can assign 3.6.12 to the applicable profile by means of an Administrator or equivalent user.  Personally, I believe this would be best suited in the hands of a person responsible for the school admin. If you struggle, holler.
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

Hi Sarel

Awesome, thanks.

I just tried it and it seems to be working.

Will implement for all users that requires access.

Have a great day further.

Regards

Wes
You are most welcome, Wes.
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus