Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automation Error
Good morning,

We are brand new to SA SAMS and as such I am not familiar with all the references or procedures. Whenever I try to print a grid for mark entry the following message pops up: 

The Error code is -2147417848
Error Description: Automation Error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
Procedure: :Load Learners Routine

If I exit an login again, the same thing happens. Can anyone please help me with this
(02-13-2019, 07:58 AM)CharlRoux Wrote: Good morning,

We are brand new to SA SAMS and as such I am not familiar with all the references or procedures. Whenever I try to print a grid for mark entry the following message pops up: 

If I exit an login again, the same thing happens. Can anyone please help me with this

CharlRoux
I'm assuming you have Menu Number 12.1.17 "Print Educator Mark Assessment Sheets".

It helps a lot if you can mention which buttons specifically you pressed and which order..

Would like to know if you're trying to print all the classes, a specific grade etc.

Do you get the error when you click on "Print" ?

Procedure: :Load Learners Routine --- says to me there's an issue with your students' assessments table.
Which version of SA-SAMS are you using?
(02-13-2019, 08:27 AM)[email protected] Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 07:58 AM)CharlRoux Wrote: Good morning,

CharlRoux
I'm assuming you have Menu Number 12.1.17 "Print Educator Mark Assessment Sheets".

It helps a lot if you can mention which buttons specifically you pressed and which order..

Would like to know if you're trying to print all the classes, a specific grade etc.

Do you get the error when you click on "Print" ?

Procedure: :Load Learners Routine --- says to me there's an issue with your students' assessments table.
Which version of SA-SAMS are you using?
I'm using menu number  12.3.12. "Print grid for mark entry"

The problem occurs with various grades, subjects and classes.

Ye I get the error on "Print", but t persists when I try to access any other class, geade or subject on "Go".

I used 19.0.0 yesterday evening when I first experienced this problem, and this morning I used 19.0.1 with the same results.

I changed the task totals and saved/validated the marks (I did not change any weights however, since I would like to keep them as is), just before I started having this problem.
I'VE GOT IT!!?

There were various problems that I first had to sort out, but it is working perfectly now.

Thank you for your guidance and willingness to help. This forum is amazing.
Great that you resolved your issue.
Maybe you could post how it was resolved for future reference if anyone else experiences the same.
(02-13-2019, 02:46 PM)ZigZag Wrote: Great that you resolved your issue.
Maybe you could post how it was resolved for future reference if anyone else experiences the same.

I am not sure which of these help, but a suggestion from someone via email was to install the spread version 6.0.57.

I also completed my user security level ans capturing security @ 16.12 and 16.13 and finally I opened all the tasks for term 1 @ 12.3.11.
Yip when installing for the first time always
- Install First Time Installer
- Then Spread Grid 6.0.57
- Install Latest Patch

Thanks for your feedback