Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding new Subjects with Subject Topics and Tasks
Question 
Good morning SAMS family
 In my school we have different staff teaching Geography and History for the grade 8 & 9 learners.
 How do I split the SA-SAMS Subject SS to accomodate the tasks for the two components?
Idea
SA-SAMS doesn't support custom "Subject Splitting" or Sub-subjects (as in the case of SS being comprised of Geo & Hist).

However some reporting splits are integrated into SA-SAMS - not sure as to how these function and if they still do - as well the Tasks you'll notice have been split into Geo & Hist for Social Sciences.

As to allow the teaching staff (Educators) to gain security access only to either History and Geography won't be possible.
(02-07-2019, 12:41 PM)[email protected] Wrote: SA-SAMS doesn't support custom "Subject Splitting" or Sub-subjects (as in the case of SS being comprised of Geo & Hist).

However some reporting splits are integrated into SA-SAMS - not sure as to how these function and if they still do - as well the Tasks you'll notice have been split into Geo & Hist for Social Sciences.

As to allow the teaching staff (Educators) to gain security access only to either History and Geography won't be possible.

Thank you for the "sad" news
Ill see how we can try and work around it. Sad
(02-07-2019, 12:48 PM)carmenns Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 12:41 PM)[email protected] Wrote: SA-SAMS doesn't support custom "Subject Splitting" or Sub-subjects (as in the case of SS being comprised of Geo & Hist).

PM me if you want good news.
(02-08-2019, 07:54 AM)[email protected] Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 12:48 PM)carmenns Wrote:

PM me if you want good news.
Thank you for the offer.
It's in the process of being fixed internally on the DB.