Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lol - SASAMS FTW
you guys forgot to update the EdusolEmis.mdb template file in the edusolsams directory to version 19.0.0 - it is still showing as 18.3...

It is throwing an error when the errors and omission menu is selected - it seems to want to use that template database to compare.

Rather release a day later than having to re-release every week.

Also

you have issues regarding your P: subjects

good luck, we'll be waiting as always on your quality system to be improved.

Seriously team - can I please help test the next versions before release? Prevention is an easier path than damage control.
There is a work around in order to run errors and omissions with the current installed patch 19.0.0
(01-25-2019, 08:58 AM)[email protected] Wrote: you guys forgot to update the EdusolEmis.mdb template file in the edusolsams directory to version 19.0.0 - it is still showing as 18.3...

It is throwing an error when the errors and omission menu is selected - it seems to want to use that template database to compare.

Rather release a day later than having to re-release every week.

Also

you have issues regarding your P: subjects

good luck, we'll be waiting as always on your quality system to be improved.

Seriously team - can I please help test the next versions before release? Prevention is an easier path than damage control.
As always, you sarcasm is totally uncalled for, directed at the wrong people and obviously hints at some perfect programmers Utopia that I am still to encounter. I won't be repeating any of the following in future, as it seems you have trouble digesting what I write, since some of this has been repeated ad nauseam in the past:

1. There is no re-release every week - please get your facts straight and don't exaggerate if you really want to be taken seriously;
2. We don't code SA-SAMS;
2. We don't package the installers;
3. We have no control over what is embedded in the installer bundle;
4. We are volunteers that try to assist people with problems;
5. The purpose of the forum is just that - so other users can assist people with problems;
6. You have Carinne van der Westhuizen's contact details. Kindly take the time to forward your a) questions, b) concerns and c) sarcastic remarks to her and see if you get a reply at all, on accord of c).
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

Might want to post on this thread how to bypass the errors and omissions error...

for Version 19
SO to get past the error on menu 16.19

1) Close SA-SAMS
2) Open SA-SAMS
3) Select "On the Network"
4) Select "Browse"
5) Navigate to where your SA-SAMS has been installed (C:\Program Files\EdusolSAMS\) (If you can't find it, call a tech)
6) Select the file "EdusolEmis.mdb"
7) Select "Continue"
8) Log in with the standard Administrator Account or any other elevated account.
9) It will patch that specific Database file from 18.2.0 to 19.0.0
10) Close SA-SAMS
11) Open SA-SAMS
12) Select the school information database normally used
13) Navigate to Menu 16
14) Menu 16.19 will now open

5. The purpose of the forum is just that - so other users can assist people with problems; --- done. Was hoping either a link to a resolution regarding the error or a resolution as above.

Wish this was an official forum where the official SA-SAMS team spent time on - if the dept of education "insists" all schools use SA-SAMS and SA-SAMS only, a slightly better support system would benefit all the "National Assets" who eventually benefit from a system like SA-SAMS, and make the lives of those using the system a lot easier.

And i'm not begging for utopian developers - just those who at least know that a proper database structure should be in 3rd Normal Form at the very least and that formal, effective and official support exists in a space such as this forum.
Photo 
(01-28-2019, 08:20 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Might want to post on this thread how to bypass the errors and omissions error...

for Version 19
SO to get past the error on menu  16.19

1) Close SA-SAMS
2) Open SA-SAMS
4) Select "Browse"
5) Navigate to where your SA-SAMS has been installed (C:\Program Files\EdusolSAMS\) (If you can't find it, call a tech)
7) Select "Continue"
8) Log in with the standard Administrator Account or any other elevated account.
10) Close SA-SAMS
11) Open SA-SAMS
13) Navigate to Menu 16

5. The purpose of the forum is just that - so other users can assist people with problems; --- done. Was hoping either a link to a resolution regarding the error or a resolution as above.
Is this the problem described above?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-30-2019, 11:45 AM)carmenns Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 08:20 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Might want to post on this thread how to bypass the errors and omissions error...

for Version 19
SO to get past the error on menu  16.19

1) Close SA-SAMS
2) Open SA-SAMS
4) Select "Browse"
7) Select "Continue"
10) Close SA-SAMS
11) Open SA-SAMS
13) Navigate to Menu 16

Is this the problem described above?

I see the error screenshot - show this post to a SA-SAMS Techie to assist accordingly. These steps worked for me - if it didn't you might not be updating the correct "EdusolEmis.mdb" file, there might be multiple EdusolSAMS directories from past installations, or you might be altering your local computer's yet the app is looking at a server directory's "EdusolEmis.mdb".. 
PM me if you would like more help.
Have fixed a few, but one would just not accept admin user/pass.
Anyone experienced this?