Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gibbon
SA-SAMS I believe is going to be online soon. Recently I've been to a presentation where they indicated the way forward, but I believe its still a few years away.

In the meantime, I have been using Gibbon over the past few months and this is a wonderful tool, though it duplicates SA-SAMS, it allows you to access all your info via the web. If you want your teachers to access learner info, disciplinary issues, allow your parents to access the child's progress and can't wait for the online version of SA-SAMS grab this tool and experience the power of online access to your school's data now.

Contact me if you would like to do a test install on my hosted servers.

From there website:

Created by teachers, Gibbon is the school platform which
solves real problems encountered by educators every day.

Being free, open source and flexible Gibbon can morph

to meet the needs of a huge range of schools.
Ashraf Edross
Administrator 

http://www.blhs.co.za
Nice find @Ashraf.
Do you know if DOE intend using Gibbon or will they build on own system (re-inventing the wheel).
It is after all opensource & see some activity on its github page.
If they intend moving to an online system, they first have to ensure all schools have access to internet
(06-04-2018, 10:10 AM)ZigZag Wrote: No, they spending a massive amount of money to get something built from scratch I believe.

Yes, Internet access in some areas will be problematic, but I'm sure they thought of all these challengers and will come up with a great solution.

For now, Gibbon serves all my online needs for our school, not perfect, but it has its benefits.

Regards
Ashraf

Nice find @Ashraf.
Do you know if DOE intend using Gibbon or will they build on own system (re-inventing the wheel).
It is after all opensource & see some activity on its github page.
If they intend moving to an online system, they first have to ensure all schools have access to internet
Ashraf Edross
Administrator 

http://www.blhs.co.za