Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subject Validation
I wonder if some one can assist me. I need to correct a few term 1 marks due to miscalculations from staff. I am unable to change marks from Grade 9 - 12 as it comes up with the following message when I log into 12 then 12.3 then 12.3.12. I can see the marks but I get the following message pop up in a box : "Subject has not been validated. Capture Marks not available. Please contact your administrator."

My submission of data was correct so I am not sure why I am getting this message. Could some one assist in pointing me in the direction to validate subjects. Need step by step instruction please.
Hi Jo

You need to go into menu 12.3.11, select the grade and subject which you are getting the error on

Click on the "Weights / Validation" button on the right of the screen and click on "Save / Validate" after that

Should be sorted now Smile
Explanation on Subject Validation:
  • Subject Validation is the process of confirming that a Subject's raw marks, weightings and dates of tasks & activities have been checked and "certified" as correct, on the school's end.

• When a change is made that impacts the School Based Programme of Assessment (12.3.11), it will require re-validation of the Subject(s) affected.

• If such a change was not initiated from the school's side, it is likely that it was done during the last Patch (18.1.0), which will then require re-validation of the Subjects.

NB:  If Marks Capturing Security (16.13) is enabled, lift/remove the Principal and HOD verification first (12.3.12.13 and then 12.3.12.12), for each Subject.
Tip:  You can select "All" classes from the drop-down list, instead of doing it one-by-one.

Follow the steps below for each Subject:

a) 12.3.11 School Based Programme of Assessment (Weights/Validation)
NB: never use the auto-calculate function for Validation.

b) 12.3.12.11 SBA Results - Capture (load the marks for All Classes and Save)

c) If Marks Capturing Security is enabled, perform HOD and Principal Verification (12.3.12.12 and then 12.3.12.13)

d) 12.7.16.3 Maintain Learner Report Cycle Result (load and Save)

e) 12.7.18 Maintain Learner Promotion Decisions + Learner Report General Comments (load and Save).

Holler if anything is unclear and please keep us posted.
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

Greetings

Ivan here, I battle with editing Term weight and SBA weight as well as adding an additional assessment for Consumer studies. Please help
(03-13-2019, 03:14 PM)55571638 Wrote: Greetings

Ivan here, I battle with editing Term weight and SBA weight as well as adding an additional assessment for Consumer studies. Please help

What is the exact problem, is it not allowing you to edit them or giving an error message ?