Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resaving of Marks / Sections
Hi fine people.

I was wondering if there is an easier or simpler way to have all the marks calculate or save instead of going through each and every section and save per subject per grade. Really takes time especially when teachers miss marks for random learners then have to re-save per grade per subject.

Could such a way be implemented for 2018 T1 ?

Thanks
AJ
I agree with AJ, if a way could please be implement to just resave the entire grade for all the subjects per term that would make life allot easier (and quicker)

This would also ensure that all the marks are up to date (saved) while eliminating the chance that 1 or more subjects might have been skipped during the mark calculation process
Dear Colleagues

Yes there is a way to do so provided you have security feature on. Use 12.3.12.1 and 12.3.12.2 export the spread and importing the spread.

Regards
Hlase
I always use the "cough" departmental login "cough"

So If I export and import I don't have to do all those validations saves per grade per subject?

mmmm worth testing thank you.

Regards
AJ
I agree fully with AJ on this.  As far as I am aware, and I may be mistaken here, using the import function doesn't eliminate all the saves.

As far as I know:
12.3.12 is still required, as the actual weighted calculations aren't done on the exported sheet.
12.7.16 is still required to transfer the marks to the Progress Reports and Promotion Schedules.

PS: Will look into it and report back. Wink

A report detailing which subjects have been saved and validated would also be useful for schools that would be silly enough to prefer a more hands-on approach, as opposed to an automated one. Tongue  If SA-SAMS encounters a blank mark, it could always gather the information in a report, or simply validate the Grade/entire school's marks prior to saving the data, or not? Any other suggestions in this regard?
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus

(02-06-2018, 08:40 PM)SarelK Wrote: I agree fully with AJ on this.  As far as I am aware, and I may be mistaken here, using the import function doesn't eliminate all the saves.

As far as I know:
12.3.12 is still required, as the actual weighted calculations aren't done on the exported sheet.
12.7.16 is still required to transfer the marks to the Progress Reports and Promotion Schedules.

PS: Will look into it and report back. Wink

A report detailing which subjects have been saved and validated would also be useful for schools that would be silly enough to prefer a more hands-on approach, as opposed to an automated one. Tongue  If SA-SAMS encounters a blank mark, it could always gather the information in a report, or simply validate the Grade/entire school's marks prior to saving the data, or not? Any other suggestions in this regard?

Yes a printout report which collectively goes through all grades and subjects to specify which learners in which grades, classes, subjects, tasks and cycles have blank (not entered) marks would be very useful  Cool
I have drafted an e-mail to Carinne containing the following, which I will submit it as soon as it has been looked over and you are comfortable with the proposed solution (please feel free to add on to it):

REPORTING:

Instead of having to work though the Subjects one-by-one on SA-SAMS:

1. A report to list Subjects with incomplete Marks, per Class, for the selected Term (for 12.3.12 and 12.7.16).

2. A report to list incomplete Subject Validation, per Grade and for the Entire School/All Grades.

3. A report to list Subjects with Capturing Status set to "Closed", for the selected Term.

4. A report to list incomplete HOD and Principal Verification for Subjects, for the selected Term.

ACTION:

Once all Marks have been captured and checked by means of the reports, to allow the saving of all Marks for the selected Term, by clicking a single button (for both 12.3.12 and 12.7.16).
Sarel

Reported to Carinne on 2018/03/19 at approximately 15:10, as follows:

There have been several requests received from Schools regarding the following:

REPORTING:

Instead of having to work though the Subjects one-by-one on SA-SAMS:

1. A report to list Subjects with incomplete Marks, per Class, for the selected Term (for 12.3.12 and 12.7.16).

2. A report to list incomplete Subject Validation, per Grade and for the Entire School/All Grades.

3. A report to list Subjects with Capturing Status set to "Closed", for the selected Term.

4. A report to list incomplete HOD and Principal Verification for Subjects, for the selected Term.

ACTION:

Once all Marks have been captured and checked by means of the reports, to allow the saving of all Marks for a Grade for the selected Term, by clicking a single button (for both 12.3.12 and 12.7.16).

* If this can be done on a per Grade basis, for the selected Term, it would already help a lot.

* Granted, there are a lot of variables to consider from school to school, this might be attainable by activating the necessary controls directly (Grades, Classes, Subjects, etc.) and cycling through them from top to bottom, or after determining a list of Grades, Classes and Subjects (which could be read into an array), by invoking the functions directly, instead of activating the controls.

* It would be crucial that some sort of check be performed first, to determine if all marks for all learners have been captured in the specific grade, for that term, prior to initiating the automated process.
Sarel

Just to add, as a work around for point number 1:

You can use menu 16.19 Errors and Omissions, use it has done its calculations, select the SBA Marks options at the top to list outstanding marks subjects