Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SA-SAMS for teachers
Good day fellow educators!

I have a very short question to ask.
For who is SAMS created, the teacher or some administrator in the office?
(02-01-2018, 11:52 AM)Ajiie Wrote: Good day fellow educators!

I have a very short question to ask.
For who is SAMS created, the teacher or some administrator in the office?

Good day Ajii

SASAMS is for educators, admin personnel and management for different areas  for management, monitoring and accountability.

Regards
Hlase
SA-SAMS is primarily created for the Administration of the School's information and all clients/pupils etc, inclusive of some Human Resources relating to the Educators as well the academic results of the Students.

Primary: Administrators

If SA-SAMS can be set up across multiple computers successfully - then Educators can
1) alter curriculum setups to align to their lesson plans
2) capture marks
3) capture conduct and absenteeism

Unfortunately I'm not sure if SA-SAMS has been tested across 20+ computers to achieve this kind of split responsibility to ease data capture and maintenance.
After all these years, I still find it terribly disheartening that some schools have one Administrator (usually in the Admin Staff role) that does all the capturing on SA-SAMS, which causes a lot of stress for the individual.

My general rule of thumb in this regard: empower and allow the people, responsible for performing the task physically at the school, to do so on SA-SAMS.

Some Tips:

1. Make sure that every user has his/her own account and that users don't share credentials, especially not the Administrator account.

2. Make use of the User Profiles to assign access rights to users in a group environment, instead of doing it per user. Create and customize your own User Profiles where applicable.

3. Ensure that the Security module allows only those privileges that are required, until a user has proven his/her worth and trustworthiness.

4. Revise your access privileges once per term and promote/demote end-users in SA-SAMS, if need be. Do this in collaboration with your ICT Steering Committee and SMT to avoid stepping on toes unnecessarily.

5. Activate, use and often update Marks Capturing Security.
Sarel
──────────────────────────────────
sed ipse spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus